The Production Planner will be responsible for the scheduling of all machined parts. This will include:
· Ordering materials from their approved suppliers ahead of the production runs
· Sourcing new suppliers when required for specialist alloys
· Looking at other production runs and combining productions runs to maximise efficiency
· Ensure staffing levels and rotas are correct to meet production requirements
· Reviewing of production requirements on SAP against factory capacity
· Raising production orders
· Setting, recording and monitoring of production KPI
· Liaising with Sales and Assembly to ensure timescales and orders are correct
· Ensure tooling changes are scheduled in effectively to minimise downtime.
· Arrange transport to and from the Heat Treatment firm (this is an external company) and factor into production schedules
- Must have experience Planning Production Schedules
- Does not have to come from a machined part background, but would be advantageous.
- Someone with LEAN / CI experience advantageous but not a must.
- Must have experience setting and managing Production KPIs
- Must have experience scheduling materials and labour