We're on the lookout for a Transport Team Leader to join our well-established client based in Upper Heyford on a Temp to Perm basis.
About the role:
As a Transport Team Leader, you will be responsible for:
- Weekly reporting of the fleet’s odometer kilometres.
- Weekly financial reporting for the logistics department.
- Monitoring subcontractor spending and printing to raise Purchase Orders.
- Organising transport for covered events and providing the accounts teams with quotes.
- Allocating covered events.
- Providing the planner with a weekly holiday and truck maintenance schedule.
- Booking driver CPC training.
- Manual invoicing.
- Organising transport for dealer claims and other miscellaneous moves for customer services.
- Filing fleet and HR paperwork.
- Supporting drivers in the occurrence of a truck breakdown i.e. getting them back to site and recording the location of the truck.
- Ability to relate to, coach and motivate HGV driver team.
- Monitor vehicle deliveries that have been highlighted as at risk and brief the CSC on situation.
- Finding alternative solutions for at risk deliveries.
- Point of contact for the small trucks drivers if any issues with trucks occur or delivering and collective vehicles.
- Update systems with required data and information gained from deliveries or collections.
- Answering email queries to ensure proactive communication with the wider business.
- Required to assist with monitoring all 3rd party suppliers adhere to customer expectations and any discrepancies investigated.
- Approve movement charges in a timely manner and in line with customer rates and allowances.
- Be the point of contact for any administration issues for all corporate billing & approvals.
- Producing PowerPoint slides to report small trucks finances, truck efficiencies and AOB for the regular Logistics Review meetings.
- Accessible to small truck drivers outside of work hours to support with any queries or issues
The working hours are 08:30am to 05:00pm Monday to Friday
£11.79 per hour
- Professional, confident, and friendly telephone manner.
- Strong administrative, organisational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet specific deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team worker but able to work on own initiative.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages; excel word, power point.
- Able to work under pressure and balance conflicting workloads especially in peak periods.
- Background effectively communicating with out based workers and 3rd party suppliers
- Quick learner of in-house systems and new technology
- Excellent relationship management skills
For more information and to apply, get in touch with Morgan Dean at our Banbury branch on 01295 244244 or click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
If you would like to know how we will store and process your data, please visit www.therecruitment-group.co.uk/gdpr-data-protection to read our GDPR Data Protection Statement.