By joining this successful procurement team, you will receive a well-rounded training experience which will enable you to build your career within a reputable business.
As the Trainee Material Buyer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the group procurement strategy and provide assistance to the procurement team.
- Order materials and raise purchase orders for sites on a daily basis, including hire of plant and equipment for construction projects.
- On a weekly basis review all projects plant/equipment hired.
- Sets up Bulk Orders for each project to enable the project team to call off materials directly with the supply chain.
- Procure materials to the specification and budget.
- Receive, record, and resolve all material invoice queries from the Accounts Department. Raise discrepancies with the supply chain.
- Be prepared to travel when required to construction sites, regional offices, and supplier premises.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about pursuing a career in procurement, be self-motivated with a proactive and flexible approach. You will need good attention to detail and be competent in Microsoft Office (Excel) and/or Google Suite
You will receive continuous 'on the job' training, also including the following:
- CPD’s Continuous Personal Development plan, including supply chain workshops
- Manufacturer and supplier visits
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card
- CIPS course Level 4 (in year 3)
This role is offering a starting salary of between £21,000 and £23,000. The hours of work Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm. Benefits include 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays and contributory pension.
For more information and to apply, get in touch with our Witney branch on 01993 892 526 or click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
If you would like to know how we will store and process your data, please read our GDPR Data Protection Statement on The Recruitment Group website.