Location – London (W1T)
Shifts – Sunday – Thursday OR Tuesday – Saturday | 10:30pm – 7:30am
- Maximum Basic Salary of £47,365
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Overtime Paid at 1.5x, and 2x for Bank Holidays only
- Group Pension with Employer Contribution
Our client is one of the leading food manufacturers and suppliers, not only in the UK, but the worldwide. Supplying to many major supermarkets and restaurants, many of you will be familiar with their produce. With a turnover more than £1B, and multiple automated production sites, they are now recruiting for skilled and talented candidates to join their experienced Engineering Team.
The London site specialises in the manufacture of fresh and great-tasting chilled ready meals such as lasagne, curries, deli products, dips, and other savoury accompaniments. Your role as the Maintenance Engineer will be central to the continuation of production of the delicious and indulgent ready meals for families across the nation.
The purpose of the Maintenance Engineer role is to provide a maintenance engineering service to plant assets, unit buildings and other related equipment that guarantees its 100% reliability which results in the safe and highly efficient production of chilled desserts. As such, you will ideally be capable in conducting both electrical and mechanical maintenance tasks.
As the Maintenance Engineer, the mechanical work you will working on includes replacing worn bearings, realigning rollers in the line, reconnecting or replacing chains, installing or reconfiguring valves in addition to ensuring all necessary is greased and lubricated.
Furthermore, your electrical tasks involve servicing heating units, servicing/replacing 3 phase motors, sensors and switches, working in panels, ensuring wiring and cables are in good condition; replacing any where necessary, as well as conducting other electrical safety checks for example testing emergency stop buttons. The responsibilities of the Multi Skilled Shift Engineer also include:
- Perform all PPM equipment inspections within timescales as per the PM software
- Ensure all engineering maintenance and servicing work in always conducted in line with the client’s Health & Safety policy
- Provide effective engineering support to ensure efficient performance of all plant asset and equipment
- Pinpoint and identify electrical faults using a multimeter and Siemens S7 PLC software
The Ideal Candidate
The right candidate for the Multi Skilled Shift Engineer will ideally currently be working within the Automated Production / FMCG industry and be self-motivated and self-sufficient to adhere to deadline and ensure engineering integrity remains intact at the highest standard. You will also be:
- Skilled in Electrical and Mechanical trades (with an Electrical bias)
- At least 1 years’ experience in the Automated Production / FCMG industry
- A Level 3 (Or Equivalent/Higher) Electrical Qualification (Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, NVQ)