A leading manufacturer of state of the art and revolutionary scientific electronic instruments are looking to appoint an Electronic Engineer.
Our client is a leader in their field and produces some of the fastest optical and X-ray equipment that is commercially available. Initially set up by leading scientists, this small but dynamic organisation has produced industry-leading technologies for over 30 years to global markets.
• Produce Electronics PCB layout from schematics and frequently work with PCB software packages
• Using Circuit Simulation Software to develop and test circuit designs
• Design and prototyping of one-off special purpose electronic circuits to meet individual client requirements
• Panel Design
• Planning the fitting of electronic assemblies into boxes and/or racks, designing front panels and arranging power supplies with the aid of CAD software
• Designing and specifying small power supplies (tens of watts)
• Preparing build specifications for and liaising with production staff
• Testing and commissioning
• Preparing and maintaining clear documentation
• Liaising with experts in the company and getting their input as needed during the design/production phrase
• Educated to degree level in Electrical & Electronics Engineer or relevant industry experience
• Previous experience of high voltages, analogue design and fast electronics
• Proficient in the use of Circuit Simulation Software as well as designing power supplies and electronic circuits
• Use of workshop tools
• Good soldering skills
• Experience within an R&D environment would be beneficial
• Knowledge of design software i.e. ProE, KiCAD, FreeCAD, ProEngineer, LTSpice
• Ability to learn and adapt to new software packages
• Proficiency in the use of IT which includes MS Office, some programming i.e. Python
25 days holiday plus bank holidays, discretionary annual bonus scheme and annual salary reviews
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation that heavily invests in R&D within the field of scientific equipment manufacturing. To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please send across an updated CV or call Jerry Hayman on 10865 264 050.