We are on the lookout for a part time Payroll Assistant to join our well-established client based in Benson.
About the role:
As a Payroll Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Covering 550 employees over 15 sites and monthly payrolls of c.300 employees
- Download new starters’ details and amended employee information from the HRIS system on a weekly/monthly basis in preparation for import into the payroll system, ensuring accuracy of the data and highlighting any anomalies to the Payroll Officer
- Download and check Payroll information, which includes overtime payments, bonus payments, holiday and sickness information, from the Time & Attendance system each week/month and raise any queries with the appropriate managers, including chasing relevant documentation required to process pay accurately (e.g. Self-Certificates and Fit Notes)
- Receive and verify timesheets, ad-hoc weekly bonus payments, expenses, and holiday and sickness forms each week/month
- Calculate and pay entitlements for individuals for any Company Sick Pay that is due
- Understand and apply all statutory payments due, i.e. SSP, SMP, SPP and SAP
- Prepare payroll spreadsheets for data import and manually key data into the payroll system
- Process all temporary and permanent Payroll changes
- Process all necessary standard and ad-hoc Payroll reports
- Process AEOs, pension administration, BHSF administration, including raising appropriate BACS payments
- Respond to National Statistics requirements
- Ensure all payroll-related paper documentation is filed correctly and efficiently and in a timely way
- Update P11D database as and when changes to benefits are notified, keeping track of any notifications due following a change to terms and conditions of employment
- Download and accurately apply tax codes, student loan notices etc.
Do you have previous experience working as a Payroll Officer/ Assistant / Administrator? To be considered for this role you will;
- The ability to gain an understanding of Payroll processes and legislation, including working knowledge of PAYE, SSP, SPP, SAP, NI and pensions,
- Sound working knowledge of administration processes
- Evidence of a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Evidence of a good understanding of databases, ideally HR/Payroll integrated systems
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Are you able to work - 32 hours per week or minimum of 25 hours, to include full-time hours on Mondays and Tuesdays?
The is a FIXED TERM CONTRACT FOR 14 MONTHS.
£21K, £12.63PER HOUR.
For more information and to apply, get in touch with Ally at our Abingdon branch on 01235 844005 or click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
If you would like to know how we will store and process your data, please visit www.therecruitment-group.co.uk/gdpr-data-protection to read our GDPR Data Protection Statement.