You will help to make the canisters that hold medication and repairing any machinery that requires attention.
Pay: £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Rotating shifts – 06:00 to 14:00 and 13:45 to 21:45 (there is a handover period between shifts)
- Salary will be negotiable depending on experience
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience of Transfer Presses, specifically Platarg/Bruderers and/or US Baird is essential.
- Must have expert knowledge to identify root cause and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Carry out maintenance and refurbishment of press tools/press tooling
- Operating manual machine tools that include lathes, milling machines, surface, cylindrical, and internal grinding machines
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks for each machine
- Manufacture and maintain a healthy supply of spares
- Set up machines for different jobs
- Use the appropriate diagnostic tools to assist in resolving machine problems
- Communicate with colleagues and team leaders at shift handovers
- Ensure all documentation including manufacturing information sheets, intervention logs, layout sheets, in-process checks, and drawing systems are correct and up to date.
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings
- Extensive (min 7-10 years) knowledge of Platarg/Bruderer and/or US Baird toolmaking experience is essential
- Must be able to develop tooling to produce 1st off components from technical drawings, including blank diameter calculations, percentage reductions
- Have a good logical approach to problem solving.
For more information and to apply, get in touch with Jane at our Loughborough branch.