- £22,000 to £26,000 plus overtime depending on experience
- 08:30 to 17:30 - Monday to Thursday
- 08:30 to 15:00 – Friday
- 30 minute lunch break
- Overtime is paid for Saturday mornings which is 08:30 to 12:00
- Oversee the day to day running of the workshop and managing the production team.
- Organise the team as required to meet deadlines for production and despatch of manufactured equipment.
- Organising the workshop layout to facilitate an efficient and smooth production process.
- Work with the assembly team and put revised layout to work.
- Work closely with the Production Engineer to ensure that supplier’s equipment is delivered in time to ensure that orders from customers are fulfilled in time.
- Flag any delivery hold ups and advise the Production Engineer and oversee ordering of stock items.
- Work with the Production Engineer to streamline the components allocation process.
- Check in delivered components for compliance and allocate components to equipment ready for manufacture.
- Attend weekly production meetings to identify holdups, issues and agree on weekly production targets.
- Work with company Health and Safety officer to arrange regular training and/or update of training for employees.
- Manage and organise the team of wirers and fitters, ensuring a positive working environment for all.
- Overseeing and implementing health and safety procedures in the workshop, reporting any issues to management and oversee remedying of any issues. Holding regular toolbox talks and liaise with Health and Safety officer.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an electrical switchgear company.
- Knowledge of the manufacture of LV switchboards, testing and organising the throughput and progression of production.
- A valid UK driving licence is preferred.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically.
- Willing to work overtime both during the week and most Saturday mornings.
- Prepared to do work on customer’s site throughout the UK and willingness to travel and stay overnight where required.
- The right to work in the UK.
What we offer
- A pivotal job in a small but expanding family business that has been successful for over 25 years.
- Work independently in a friendly and busy environment.
- All training when required.
- Experience of working in an electrical switchgear company
- Knowledge of the manufacture of LV switchboards
- A driving licence is desireable
- 6 month Contract with a view to going perm for the right candidates
For more information and to apply, get in touch with Jane at our Loughborough Branch