Our prestigous client based in Rugby, are looking for an experienced shipping clerk to join them on a permanent basis.
About Our Client.
one of the world’s leading solid-state laser manufacturer. Their lasers find widespread use in a multitude of scientific and industrial applications worldwide. Their manufacturing process involves electronic, mechanical and electrical engineering and assembly, all designed and manufactured on site.
About The Role:
- Liaising with customers and suppliers
- Arranging UK and Worldwide shipments of the goods i.e. purchasing, sales and service shipments
- Liaising with freight forwarders and couriers
- Obtaining quotes from freight forwarders and couriers
- Preparing import/export documentation i.e. raising commercial invoice
- Obtaining certified documentation from Chamber of Commerce i.e. Certificate of origin, EUR1
- Import customs clearance instructions
- Dealing with customs queries
- Maintaining export and import records, obtaining C88, Import/Export entries , AWB
- Understanding C88 import entry documents and being able to query if required.
Monday - Thursday 8.30am – 5.30pm.
Friday 8.30am - 1.00pm
Salary between: £27-£30K DOE.
What You'll Need:
- Previous knowledge would be advantageous with using SAGE 200 - raising sales orders, invoices, returns and with a CRM system.
- Ideally minimum of 1-3 years current export compliance experience.
- A high level of organisation and attention to detail.
- Good decision-making skills, ability to evaluate, prioritise and plan while responding to quickly changing workloads.
- Good IT skills in particular with Microsoft Excel.
- Good level of verbal and written communication.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Employee Benefits Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Company Contributory Pension scheme
- Annual Company Discretionary Bonus scheme
- On Site Free Parking.
We look forward to speaking to you!