The Recruitment Group is hiring!
We are on the lookout for a Night Porter to join one of Oxfords most prestigious Colleges on a permanent basis.
Working in at the hub of the College, supporting students, staff, and visitors daily; with a range of services. You will enjoy working in a team and have a ‘can do’ attitude with a strong focus on customer service.
This post requires that you are always well presented, and a Uniform will be provided by the College to be worn while you are at work.
Role Includes (but not limited too)
- Act as an information point and communicate relevant information across the College efficiently and effectively.
- Assist all students, fellows, staff, and visitors to the College with their enquiries!
- Act as first point of contact for any emergency.
- Be sympathetic to the support and welfare needs of the student body; providing a friendly, approachable, and safe environment for students to get information or signposting to the appropriate support resources.
- You are not expected to provide welfare support in this role but may act as the first point of contact.
- Take responsibility for issuing and receiving keys Understand and follow the College’s emergency procedures and be prepared to act in the event of an emergency, including liaising with the appropriate emergency services.
- Receive, record and safely and securely store lost property.
- Experience of working in a busy customer-facing role, with the ability to relate professionally with staff, fellows, students, and other visitors who may come from diverse background.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), including high standard of spoken English.
- Ability to accept instruction from line manager and management team.
- Good organizational, general office skills and computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team to ensure that overall departmental standards of service are maintained.
- Able to work discretely and always maintain confidentiality.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and excellent time keeping Adaptable with a positive approach to change and new challenges
- Ability to work without supervision and under pressure and prioritise workload Awareness and sensitivity to different cultures and languages.
This is a permanent Vacancy with a salary of £24,00 to £27,000.
Full time (36.5 hours per week)
4-day shift pattern 10pm to 8.00am, with a variable shift pattern which will include weekends and bank holidays
On-site parking available during shift
For more information and to apply, get in touch with our Oxford branch on 01865 264055 or click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
If you would like to know how we will store and process your data, please visit www.therecruitment-group.co.uk/gdpr-data-protection to read our GDPR Data Protection Statement.Apply now