Location – Spalding (PE11)
Shifts – Flexible (Panama (3s and 2s), 4 on 4 off, Monday to Friday)
- Maximum Basic Salary of £46,995
- Life Assurance
- Staff Shop
- Free On-Site Parking
- Group Pension with Employer Contribution
- Excellent Career Progression
Our client is one of the leading food manufacturers and suppliers, not only in the UK, but the world however specifically in the UK, they supply to many major supermarkets and restaurants, many you will have already visited and sampled yourself! With a turnover more than £1B and multiple automated production sites in the UK, they are now recruiting for skilled and talented candidates to join their experienced engineering team.
Our client is situated in a highly modernised automated production facility in Spalding, Lincolnshire, with a staff count of over 600 people. The site’s main production focus centres around dips, sauces and soups which marry up with the client’s wider portfolio of pasta, sandwiches and wraps, and salads amongst other dishes.
The Multi Skilled Engineer will utilise both an electrical and mechanical skillset to perform maintenance tasks throughout various plant assets and equipment which includes food depositors, mixing vats, and large storage silos for various sauces, to name a few. As the Multi Skilled Engineer, the electrical work you will be conducting involves replacing 3 Phase Motors, fault-finding using PLCs and to service any faulty wiring and cables as well as interpreting electrical schematics.
Your mechanical duties include performing maintenance works on a multitude of plant assets such as lubricating bearings and rollers, strip and refit equipment and machinery, conducting line checks on equipment taking a proactive approach in rectifying these. The other responsibilities of the Multi Skilled Shift Engineer also include:
- Perform all PPM equipment inspections within timescales as per the PM software
- Ensure all engineering maintenance and servicing work in always conducted in line with the client’s Health & Safety policy
- Manage and supervise contractors and issue work permits, audit their work in the absence of the Engineering Team Leader
- Proactively seek operational improvements to reduce downtime and maximise efficiency
- Provide effective engineering support to ensure efficient performance of all plant asset and equipment
The Ideal Candidate
The right candidate for the Multi Skilled Engineer will ideally currently be working within the Automated Food Production / FMCG industry and be self-motivated and self-sufficient to adhere to deadline and ensure engineering integrity remains intact at the highest standard. You will also be:
- Skilled in Electrical and Mechanical trades (with an Electrical bias)
- At least 1 years’ experience in the Automated Food Production / FCMG industry
- A Level 3 (Or Equivalent/Higher) Electrical Qualification (Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, NVQ)