We are on the lookout for a Medical Receptionist / Administrator to join our well-established client based in Abingdon.
About the role:
As a Medical Receptionist, your responsibilities will include:
- To provide a welcoming and responsive reception and telephone service to all patients and visitors ensuring enquiries are dealt with efficiently and waiting times kept to a minimum
- To book appointments and give advice with respect to the services offered by the Practice
- To deal with requests for repeat prescriptions and provide information on test results according to agreed Practice procedures.
- Assist in the administrative tasks of the Practice, including internal and external post, scanning letters and reports, photocopying, receive and record payments for private medical services, making up folders for incoming patients, handling returns to Primary Care Support Services and compiling new patient records
- Respond to requests for assistance from the medical staff where reasonable and within the competence of the jobholder
- To use initiative to deal with issues as they arise, solving problems where possible or referring to others e.g. Reception Team Leader, Practice Manager or Duty Doctor or Practice Nurse as necessary
- Do you have previous experience working as a Receptionist? We are looking for someone that is IT literate, good communication and customer service skills, ability to use own judgement or common sense. Understanding of medical terminology would be advantageous but not essential. The ability to work as part of a team with patience and understanding.
35 per week
Monday 8am – 5.30pm
Thursday 8am – 6pm
Friday 8.30am – 6pm
Rate of Pay £10.65ph
For more information and to apply, get in touch with Ally at our Abingdon branch on 01235 844001 or click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
If you would like to know how we will store and process your data, please visit www.therecruitment-group.co.uk/gdpr-data-protection to read our GDPR Data Protection Statement.