This position will be based in their Oxfordshire site designing, prototyping, testing, and bringing new products into manufacture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering expertise to in-house and outsourced programs.
- Work closely with the Design team to turn conceptual renderings into fully engineered products that can be tooled, moulded, formed or cast, reliably and cost effectively.
- Carry out component and product testing and create test reports, carry out prototype builds to demonstrate product function and aesthetic.
- Work with suppliers to develop and approve parts from first review through tooling to production part sign off.
- Work with the engineering team to design and implement production fixtures for volume manufacture.
- Identify product failure modes and provide possible solutions through product quality and process improvements.
- Lead review of quality records and conduct root cause failure analysis and corrective action.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, or other related discipline
- Proficient with Solidworks, Pro-E, or other similar CAD software
- Working knowledge of selecting variable materials, and designing for specific manufacturing processes, such as casting, injection moulding, coating, and machining
- Proven experience communicating and/or troubleshooting issues with materials and tooling vendors
- Good written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey technical concepts to a diverse audience; document procedures; conduct individual and group engineering training and provide technical assistance
- Be willing and able to interface effectively with cross functional team members in sales, design, project management, supply chain, manufacturing, quality, etc.