Location – Newark (NG24)
Shifts – 4 on 4 off | 5:45pm – 5:45am
- Maximum Basic Salary of £49,450
- Group Pension with Employer Contribution
- 23 Days Annual Leave Allowance
- Excellent Career Progression
Our client is one of the leading food manufacturers and suppliers, not only in the UK, but worldwide. Supplying to many major supermarkets and restaurants, many you will be familiar with their produce. With a turnover more than £1B, and multiple automated production sites, they are now recruiting for skilled and talented candidates to join their experienced Engineering Team.
The Newark site specialised in the production of desserts such as cream cakes, pastries, and trifles. Your role as the Maintenance Engineer will be central to the continuation of production of the tastiest and most-indulgent desserts for families across the nation.
The Maintenance Engineer will draw upon both mechanical and electrical skillsets to conduct a range of maintenance tasks throughout the entire plant. The electrical work you will be undertaking include fault finding using PLCs and a Multimeter, servicing faulty wiring, sensors and 3 Phase Motors, and reading electrical schematics to perform maintenance to a specific brief. You will also be working with hydraulics and pneumatics within this plant.
Your mechanical duties will largely include stripping and refitting equipment and machinery, conducting line checks to identify any abnormalities and taking a proactive approach in promptly rectifying this to maintain operational efficiency. Furthermore, you will be greasing and lubricating gears and bearings, replacing / realigning rollers on conveyors and changing faulty conveyor belts and gearboxes. The Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer will also be responsible for:
- Performing all PPM equipment inspections within timescales as per the PM software
- Ensuring all engineering maintenance and servicing work in always conducted in line with the client’s Health & Safety policy
- Providing effective engineering support to ensure efficient performance of all plant asset and equipment
The Ideal Candidate
The right candidate for the Multi Skilled Engineer will ideally currently be working within the Automated Production / FMCG industry and be self-motivated and self-sufficient to adhere to deadline and ensure engineering integrity remains intact at the highest standard. You will also be:
- Skilled in Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance (with an Electrical bias)
- At least 1 years’ experience in the Automated Production / FCMG industry
- A Level 3 (Or Equivalent/Higher) Electrical Qualification (Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, NVQ)
If you would like to know how we will store and process your data, please visit www.therecruitment-group.co.uk/gdpr-data-protection to read our GDPR Data Protection Statement.