Location – Sutton Bridge
Shifts – 4 on 4 off | 6am – 6pm
- Maximum Basic Salary of £42,500
- Life Assurance
- Staff Shop
- Free On-Site Parking
- Group Pension with Employer Contribution
- Excellent Career Progression
Our client is one of the leading food manufacturers and suppliers, not only in the UK, but worldwide. Supplying to many major supermarkets and restaurants, many you will be familiar with their produce. With a turnover more than £1B, and multiple automated production sites, they are now recruiting for skilled and talented candidates to join their experienced Engineering Team.
The Sutton Bridge site is dedicated to the production and supply of fresh pasta and salad products and as this site produces salads and pasta. The Sutton Bridge site employs over 500 people, and these staff members contribute to the supply of millions of bags of prepared vegetables and clean leafy salads for various clients in the UK.
The Shift Engineer will draw upon both mechanical and electrical skillsets to conduct a range of maintenance tasks throughout the entire plant. The electrical work you will be undertaking include fault finding using PLCs and a multimeter, servicing faulty wiring, sensors and 3 Phase Motors, and reading electrical schematics to perform maintenance to a specific brief. You will also be working with hydraulics and pneumatics within this plant.
Your mechanical duties will largely include stripping and refitting equipment and machinery, conducting line checks to identify any abnormalities and taking a proactive approach in promptly rectifying this to maintain operational efficiency. Furthermore, you will be greasing and lubricating gears and bearings, replacing / realigning rollers on conveyors and changing faulty conveyor belts and gearboxes. The Shift Engineer will also be responsible for:
- Performing all PPM equipment inspections within timescales as per the PM software
- Ensuring all engineering maintenance and servicing work in always conducted in line with the client’s Health & Safety policy
- Providing effective engineering support to ensure efficient performance of all plant asset and equipment
The Ideal Candidate
The right candidate for the Shift Engineer will ideally currently be working within the Automated Production / FMCG industry and be self-motivated and self-sufficient to adhere to deadline and ensure engineering integrity remains intact at the highest standard. You will also be:
- Skilled in Electrical and Mechanical trades (with an Electrical bias)
- At least 1 years’ experience in the Automated Production / FCMG industry
- A Level 3 (Or Equivalent/Higher) Electrical Qualification (Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, NVQ)