Location – Spalding (PE11)
Shifts – Flexible (Panama (2s and 3s), 4 on 4 off, Monday – Friday)
- Maximum Basic Salary of £40,458
- Life Assurance
- Staff Shop
- Free On-Site Parking
- Group Pension with Employer Contribution
- Excellent Career Progression
Our client is one of the leading food manufacturers and suppliers, not only in the UK, but worldwide. Supplying to many major supermarkets and restaurants, many of you will be familiar with their produce. With a turnover more than £1B, and multiple automated production sites, they are now recruiting for skilled and talented candidates to join their experienced Engineering Team.
This Spalding site specialises in the production of soups, sauces, and dips in addition to meal accompaniments like pasta, coleslaw and high-quality sandwiches. The Spalding site employs well over 1000 people, and this is your chance to join the large team as a skilled Maintenance Engineer for the day shifts.
The purpose of the Maintenance Engineer role is to provide a maintenance engineering services to plant assets, unit buildings and other related equipment that guarantees its 100% reliability which results in the safe and highly efficient production of soups, salads and sauces. As such, you will ideally be capable in conducting both electrical and mechanical maintenance tasks.
Mechanical work includes replacing worn bearings, realigning rollers in the line, reconnecting or replacing chains, installing or reconfiguring valves in addition to ensuring all necessary equipment is greased and lubricated. Furthermore, your electrical tasks involve servicing heating units, servicing/replacing 3 phase motors, ensuring wiring and cables are in good condition; replacing any where necessary, as well as conducting other electrical safety checks for example testing emergency stop buttons.
The responsibilities of the Maintenance Engineer also include:
- Perform all PPM equipment inspections within timescales as per the PM software
- Ensure all engineering maintenance and servicing work in always conducted in line with the client’s Health & Safety policy
- Attend emergency breakdowns and perform corrective maintenance
- Provide effective engineering support to ensure efficient performance of all plant asset and equipment
The right candidate for the Maintenance Engineer will ideally currently be working within the Automated Production / FMCG industry and be self-motivated and self-sufficient to adhere to deadline and ensure engineering integrity remains intact at the highest standard. You will also be:
- Skilled in Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance (with an Electrical bias)
- At least 1 years’ experience in the Automated Production / FCMG industry
- A Level 3 (Or Equivalent/Higher) Electrical Qualification (Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, NVQ)