Responsibilities / Accountabilities
· Perform activities to ensure compliant and efficient operations within the following areas:
o Analytical testing of raw materials, intermediates and / or finished products
§ Carrying out testing to meet the needs of the testing plan and any inability to meet the plan is communicated appropriately
§ Contributing to the trending of results with all Out of Specification and Out of Trend results appropriately investigated and reported
§ Generate reports (including stability reports) within any agreed timelines
o Support the laboratory Out of Specification investigation process
o Support the calibration, validation and monitoring of Laboratory equipment
o Support the development and validation of Analytical methods
§ Support the analytical validation of new test methods
§ Support other members of the laboratory in solving problems with methods and testing
§ Participate in the test method transfer to / from the analytical laboratory to customers or other third parties
· Support a culture of continual improvement within the team and wider company by:
o Utilising root cause analysis and use of appropriate risk management tools throughout all activities.
o Highlighting potential compliance gaps or efficiency improvements to processes and working practices within your area of responsibility.
o Ensure all procedures relating to the processes and systems you operate are up-to-date and reflect current practice.
· Support the wider Quality function by:
o Ensuring adherence to Health and Safety, Good Manufacturing Practice and other relevant guidelines and legal obligations.
o Supporting other team members to develop their skills and functional expertise.
· Ensure delivery of activities within your area of responsibility to ensure customer and business targets are met.
· Good attention to detail,
· Good Analytical and problem-solving abilities,
· Good numerical skills and the ability to handle and analyse data,
· Basic knowledge of root cause analysis and risk management tools and their application,
· Basic understanding of applicable regulations, standards and best practices,
· Basic knowledge of data analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Minitab etc.),
Key Performance Indicators
· Individual workload is managed to ensure customer and business targets are met and any inability to meet targets is clearly communicated as soon as the problem is recognised,
· No avoidable or repeat incidents / deviations within your area of responsibility.