An IT Systems Support Engineer – 1st/2nd Line is required for a leading Financial Services organisation based in North Oxfordshire.
Supporting IT throughout the whole company, including remote offices. You will mainly be based in The Witney Office and provide 1st and 2nd line support.
• Incidents or requests logging, dispatching (incl. prioritisation and categorisation), solving and closing by the IT service management system
• Work closely with Head of IT, IT Systems Manager, Senior IT Systems Engineer and external IT specialists/consultants/providers
• Work to provide first & second line response, being the first (and main) point of contact for all of the company’s internal queries and incidents, user requests and solving problems
• Act as the main point of contact for Internal IT, resolving issues, escalating internally, or referring to 3rd parties as appropriate
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
• Liaise with senior IT team members to escalate complex problems
• Support management with managing the relationships between the company and 3rd party suppliers
• Identify areas where improvements can be made in the IT service, and suggest enhancements to the Head of IT
• Technical skills and experience across; MS Windows OS (Server & Client), MS Office Suite, Citrix, VPN, Anti-virus software, PC, Printer, LAN, Networking/WIF
• Track record of providing 1st and 2nd line support to customers and internal staff
• Adhere to FCA’s requirements(Treating Customers Fairly requirements)
• Knowledge of servers, networking, firewall, UPS, desktops, laptops, thin clients and printers
• It would be desirable to have an awareness of VMWare or other virtualisation technologies
• Strong attention to detail and a customer focussed mentality
• Travel to remote offices when required
• To perform weekend and out of hours support and development as required
• Full UK driving License
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays ( Increasing to 27 days after 5 years’ service) , 4 x salary life assurance, Smart Pension Scheme, Private Medical Scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Free parking and many more!
For more information and to apply, contact Jerry on 01865 264 050 or click 'Apply' today and submit your application.