To Manage, maintaining and develop the company Occupational Health & Safety Management system and support QHSE Manager in achieving company objectives and targets. Coaching and guidance to business Managers on their Duty of care responsibilities and procedures to be followed. To Manage the HSE Advisor so they can complete day to day operations and contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support.
Some of the Responsibilities include:
- To control the system requirements in line with ISO 45001 and aspects of ISO 14001, and to liaise with the governing body to ensure conformance where applicable.
- Ensure company and legislative requirements within company policy, procedures and systems remain compliant through regular review and guidance to process owners (Managers duty of care)
- Promote safe working practice and be a role model within the operations of this subject in conjunction with HR Department and QHSE Manager.
- To oversee H&S compliance reviews and risk assessments / COSHH Risk Assessments with guidance to Managers to own and implement in their departments. Direction given to the HSE Advisor to support these requirements.
- Ensuring all relevant Health, Safety and aspects of Environmental training is identified, including inductions. Managers to ensure training and controls are applied.
- Carry out or co-ordinate detailed incident investigation and root cause analysis with the HSE Advisor.
- Level 6 diploma Certificate in Health and Safety (NEBOSH, NCRQ or equivalent)
- COSHH Risk assessment certification (Competent)
- PPE application and requirement competency trained
- ISO45001 Auditor qualification
- Working within a QHSE Department (Manufacturing / Production)
- Working within a variety of internal departments
- Working with Customers and Suppliers
- Internal Auditing