Become the master of heavy-duty vehicles! Start your career as an HGV Technician and embrace a world of challenges and rewards.
Job Title: HGV Technician
Location: Bellshill, ML4
Annual Salary: £35 360
Week 1 Monday to Thursday 7 a.m. - 3.30 p.m., Friday 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Week 2 Monday to Friday 10.30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Service and Inspect vehicles completely and report upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability and performance (MOT).
- Identify and report on vehicle or component defects or potential signs of failure.
- Ensure checks, PDI sheets are fully completed and signed off.
- Interpret and implement technical service instructions data, to repair or replace component in line with manufactures instruction.
- As an HGV Technician you will occasionally carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law.
- Notify the Supervisor/Workshop Controllers of any identified faults that could jeopardise owner interests or pose safety and legality risks when driving on public roads.
- Protect all vehicles under repair against damage and to inspect each vehicle for damage and cleanliness upon completion of repair.
- Attend recognised courses of instruction as and when required and to assist in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- Adhere to all company policies and safety standards while maintaining a clean and organised work environment.
- Report any broken or faulty equipment to your Supervisor/Manager in line with the company's Health & Safety Policy.
- City & Guilds or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year post Apprentice experience
- As an HGV Technician you must possess general mechanical ability
- Enthusiastic, Team Player and Flexible
- Great career advancement prospects
- A pension that pays
- BUPA Medical Insurance & Life Assurance 2 x salary
- Vehicle purchase discount & Employee Discounts with the Network Benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service
Don't miss this opportunity to join a team of elite HGV Technicians! Apply today and accelerate your career.Apply now