The Recruitment Group is hiring!
We are on the lookout for a Head Groundskeeper to join one of Oxfords most prestigious Colleges on a permanent basis.
The grounds department is a thriving and friendly team dedicated to maintaining an exemplary standard of maintenance to the school’s grounds and gardens. You will be working in a team of 9 who report to the grounds manager.
- To assist the Grounds Keeper in the management and delivery of grounds maintenance including landscaping services and general process management.
- To lead when the Grounds Keeper is absent on occasion.
- During the Summer term take responsibility for one of the tree large sports fields
- Setting and ensuring the highest standards of safety and grounds maintenance for employees and customers
- Delivery of high-quality ground maintenance service to all sites to the highest standard, in line with policies, legislative, environmental and certifying authorities’ compliance and best practice.
- To be responsible for allocated ground maintenance tasks from start to completion, including scoping the task, pricing and ordering materials, liaising with the customer, undertaking the work personally or coordinating and supervising others to ensure timely completion.
- To monitor the results of the ground maintenance service and suggest and deliver improvements.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all Health and Safety requirements for each task are in line with H&S legislation, best practice, and School policy.
- To support match day operations.
- To provide ground maintenance and H&S support for any function/event.
A qualification in NVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf or PA1 &6 pesticides application (or equivalent)
Successful track record of grounds maintenance service delivery
Experience in maintaining ground maintenance machinery.
Strong people skills.
This is a permanent Vacancy with a salary of £31000.Apply now