Back to Job Search
  • Location: Wantage, OX12 9BP
  • Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
  • Job Type:Permanent

Posted 17 days ago

  • Sector: Technical & Engineering
  • Contact: Ehsan Hussain
  • Contact Email:
  • Contact Phone: 01865 264052
  • Start Date: 2022-06-15
  • Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
  • Job Ref: J4602
Role –Automation Engineer
Location – Didcot plus Worldwide Travel
Salary – £35k + Expenses
Benefits – Full Training, Company Pension, 25 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays

The Business
Our client is one of the World’s largest manufacturers of packaging solutions. With Manufacturing sites across Europe, the US, Asia and the Middle East they supply some of the biggest names in Food Manufacturing Industry. With a turnover of over half a million pounds last year, the business is continuing to expand their operations.
Thanks to this growth the business has been heavily investing in their manufacturing facilities and are going through a massive period of upgrades and modernisation to a number of their plants across the world. As such they are currently looking for additional staff within their Automation Projects Team who spearhead the upgrades of their automated manufacturing facilities.

The Role
As the Automation Engineer you will be working within the Automation Project Team assisting in the upgrading and troubleshooting of their Automated Manufacturing facilities. 60% of the role will be based in their Oxfordshire site, logging in remotely to manufacturing sites across the world and troubleshooting any issues to do with the PLC controls systems. The remaining 40% of the time will be spend on site working with the onsite Engineering Teams in resolving issues, upgrading PLC software, and streamlining processes.
90% of all the PLCs the business use are Allen Bradley, however there are a few pieces of equipment that use Siemens and Mitsubishi. Upgrade work could include rolling out and installation of new software or modification of code to streamline production processes. The Troubleshooting will either be done remotely via VPN or on site using a laptop to hook in and modify code on site.

The Candidate
The Client is looking for the following for this position…
  • Must hold a relevant Engineering Qualification (Degree, HND, City & Guilds, NVQ, etc)
  • Must be able to modify and alter PLC codes (Allen Bradley desirable)
  • Must be willing to travel worldwide and stay away for up to a week at a time
  • Must hold a valid Passport and Driving Licence