We are delighted to be working in partnership with a highly regarded and well-established education establishment in Oxford who are recruiting for a Temporary Executive Assistant to join their busy and fast-paced team.
The role will be temporary to start ASAP for approximately 3 months, with the possibility of becoming permanent if suitable.
The Executive Assistant will be reporting to the Head of Department and the Head of Administration and Finance, including supporting diary management and key project and committee work with an overall responsibility of ensuring that their offices are running smoothly.
To manage the administrative office, including responsibility for a range of processes to support the day-to-day functioning of this fast-paced department’s research and teaching activities.
• Managing the diaries of the HOD and HAF, using initiative to make considered judgements when juggling the demands placed on the schedule.
• Acting as a conduit between the HOD and HAF, and their teams/department, to ensure urgent or high priority matters are communicated quickly to all relevant parties.
• Assisting with project work undertaken by the HOD and HAF, researching, processing, and communicating large amounts of information in relatively short periods of time.
• Replying to a range of issues on behalf of the HOD and HAF to both internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, with the ability to recognise matters which require urgent action and discretion.
• Researching and preparing reports, briefing papers and departmental communications for the HOD and HAF.
• Organising efficiently the arrangements for room bookings, meetings, events, and conferences held at the University and other venues as appropriate.
• Coordinate committee work, including organising business, preparing agendas, writing minutes, and ensuring business is dealt with in a timely manner. Identify actions and ensure decisions are effectively implemented. Committees and boards include: General Purposes Committee, Management Team, Development Board, Department Meetings and Oxford Economic Papers.
• Sitting on a committees, working groups and forums to share information and exchange best practice.
The ideal Executive Assistant will be highly organised, proactive and efficient. Experience working within higher education would be advantageous.
The role is 37 hours per week that can be worked flexibility within reason to suit the candidate.
For more information and to apply, get in touch with our Witney branch or click 'Apply Now' to submit your application.
We wish you the best of luck in your job search!
If you would like to know how we will store and process your data, please read our GDPR Data Protection Statement on The Recruitment Group website.