Location – Wigan (WN2 2DX)
Shifts – Week 1 Sun, Mon, Tuesday | Week 2 Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed
- Maximum Basic Salary of £42,230
- Group Pension with Employer Contribution
- Excellent Career Progression
Our client is one of the leading food manufacturers and suppliers, not only in the UK, but the world however specifically in the UK, they supply to many major supermarkets and restaurants, many you will have already visited and sampled yourself! With a turnover more than £1B and multiple automated production sites in the UK, they are now recruiting for skilled and talented candidates to join their experienced engineering team.
This specific site in Wigan has a sole focus on producing the most delicious and fresh-tasting chilled ready meals ready for the nation to tuck into. Not only do they focus on ready meals, but the other foods on the fast-moving production line also include to-go salads as well as food accompaniments. The Wigan site employs well over 1000 people, and this is your chance to join the large team as a skilled Engineer for the day shifts.
The Engineer will draw upon both mechanical and electrical skillsets to conduct a range of maintenance tasks throughout the entire plant as its accompanied equipment and machinery. The electrical work you will be undertaking include fault finding using PLCs and a multimeter, servicing faulty wiring, sensors and 3 Phase Motors, and reading electrical schematics to perform maintenance to a specific brief. You will also be working with hydraulics and pneumatics within this plant.
Your mechanical duties will largely include stripping and refitting equipment and machinery, conducting line checks to identify any abnormalities and taking a proactive approach in promptly rectifying this to maintain operational efficiency. Furthermore, you will be greasing and lubricating gears and bearings, replacing / realigning rollers on conveyors and changing faulty conveyor belts and gearboxes. The Engineer will also be responsible for:
- Performing all PPM equipment inspections within timescales as per the PM software
- Ensuring all engineering maintenance and servicing work in always conducted in line with the client’s Health & Safety policy
- Managing contractors and issue work permits, audit their work in the absence of the Engineering Team Leader
- Proactively seeking operational improvements to reduce downtime and maximise efficiency
- Providing effective engineering support to ensure efficient performance of all plant asset and equipment
The Ideal Candidate
The right candidate for the Engineer will ideally currently be working within the Automated Food Production / FMCG industry and be self-motivated and self-sufficient to adhere to deadline and ensure engineering integrity remains intact at the highest standard. You will also be:
- Skilled in Electrical and Mechanical trades (with an Electrical bias)
- At least 1 years’ experience in the Automated Food Production / FCMG industry
- A Level 3 (Or Equivalent/Higher) Electrical Qualification (Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, NVQ)