We are aware of current scams impersonating recruitment agencies including ourselves targeting jobseekers over whatsapp and asking them to supply personal details.
Please be aware that The Recruitment Group will never ask you for your personal information via Whatsapp and anyone claiming to be from The Recruitment Group doing so is part of a scam. We also never advertise jobs through Whatsapp.
For more information please click here
CAD Designer (Packaging) – Permanent Contract
Location: Marston Green, Birmingham (onsite)
Hours of Work: 8.30am – 5.00pm – Mon – Fri
Salary: £30,000pa - £40,000pa (D.O.E.)
• Previous structural 2D CAD design within the Packaging industry
• Knowledge of Packaging Materials
• Willingness to travel approximately once a month for customer visits and group meetings nationally and internationally.
• Knowledge of technical fundamentals within corrugated packaging
• Ability to plan and prioritise.
• High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
• Resilience and ability to challenge appropriately.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Ability to work under own initiative.
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator & 2D Packaging Design CAD software.
• Previous customer facing experience or customer service experience (Preferred)
• Produce basic Artwork Proofs from a Design Brief
• Help train junior members of the department in the fundamentals of packaging design.
• Proof Checking
• High levels of knowledge of using 2D CAD Programmes (e.g. KASEMAKE / Artios / Vpack)
• Design & cut out CAD samples (both parametric and bespoke designs) - package and send out to Customers where appropriate.
• Order Printing Plates & Die cut Formes.
• Prepare Tooling Costs for customers.
• Raise Work Specs & Print Drawings
• Liaising with Customers & Suppliers (Formes/Stereos/Inks)
• May entail customer meetings / visits where appropriate.
• Perform General Office Duties
• Staying up to date with the latest trends in the packaging industry
• Work closely with other departments and fellow design team to develop and produce innovative packaging designs.
• Other ad-hoc duties as requested/delegated.
• Travel will be required on occasions in and outside the UK.
• The ability to calculate board grades from customer samples.
• Specific customer / project design lead when tasked by Design and Innovation manager to manage.
• Appropriate levels of understanding of bespoke programmes in KAMA production software.
• Dealing with urgent production queries (Replacement Tooling – stereos / formes)
If you would like to know how we will store and process your data, please visit www.therecruitment-group.co.uk/gdpr-data-protection to read our GDPR Data Protection Statement.