Monday - Thursday 0830 - 1730
Friday 0830 - 1300
£35,000 per year
Daily Duties include:
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Manage, optimise and continuously improve the purchasing relationship with suppliers for materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Monitor and advise on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Work closely with others in the procurement/purchasing function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedure
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- To conduct regular stock taking activities to the needs of the business.
- Experience of using an integrated Material Resource Planning (MRP) System.
- Previous experience of working in a purchasing team preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
- Experience of working closely with suppliers.
- Evidence of meeting deliverables by adding value, reduce costs and input to business improvements.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings would be beneficial.
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and components would be advantageous.
- Computer literate with advanced Excel skills.
This is an incredible opportunity to work for a forward thinking and innovative company with great staff benifits such as:
- Annual Holiday entitlement: Pro rata 23 days holiday increasing with length of service, to 24 days after 5 years, 25 days after 10 years and 26 days after 15 years
- Bank holidays – Pro rata average 8 days per year
- Holiday days purchase scheme – every March – salary sacrifice purchase scheme up to pro rata 15 hours per year
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme – December
- Annual salary review - December
- Contributory Pension Scheme: 5% employee and 3% employer
- Employee Assistant Programme – 24 /7 private and confidential - Employee Assistance Programme run by Health Assured
- Health portal: health check, fitness advice, personal coaching, emotional support, medical factsheets, BMI assessments, etc.
- Employee Benefits Programme – on line portal to– discounts on shops, restaurants, hotels, holidays, gym membership, etc.
For more information call Milan on 01788 541601
If you would like to know how we will store and process your data, please visit www.therecruitment-group.co.uk/gdpr-data-protection to read our GDPR Data Protection Statement.