A world-class vintage/classic vehicle restoration organisation are looking for an Automotive Engineer/Machinist
The role will focus on evaluating the requirement of each bespoke project and by using your engineering knowledge and techniques. You will recommend solutions across a diverse range of specialism and provide hands-on technical support in order to meet customer needs as well as delivering the highest level of quality.
• Identify problems and cause of failure, recommend solutions and agree the scope of work with the customer.
• Carry out restoration, reclamation or reconditioning tasks as required.
• Manufacture using specialist information available and use reverse engineering methods to produce parts that are no longer available.
• Use a range of machinery to carry out the required repairs, restoration to specification including turning, milling, boring and grinding.
• Build the required part or component to the required standard ensuring fits, clearances and modification standards are accurate.
• Test and verify automotive parts and components using various tools and precision measuring equipment such as gauges, micrometres, setting gauges, callipers etc.
• Provide technical/engineering support to internal departments and customers and assist with managing customer relationships.
• Identify deviations from or additions to the scope of work and ensure that customer approval is obtained before work commences.
• Engineering experience, within automotive, ideally working on classic and vintage engines.
• Good manual/conventional machining skills.
• Engineering and re-manufacturing experience including reverse engineering and pressure testing.
• A good understanding on internal combustion engines and traditional associated skills is required.
• Commercial awareness and good understanding of cost estimate/invoice process.
• Attention, to detail, basic IT Office skills, good verbal and written communications are also needed.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a prestigious automotive establishment . To be considered for this fantastic opportunity please send across an updated CV or call Jerry Hayman on 01865 264 050