Salary: £25,000 to £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Established for over 26 years, specialising in bespoke automation, security and access control solutions. My client deals with a wide range of clients from commercial to residential, and pride themselves on bringing customers ideas to life, from Premier League Champions to World Leaders, we have a solution fit for all purposes.
Are you a talented Solidworks technician? Do you have a keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering excellent results?
My client is currently looking for an exceptional 3D Mechanical Solidworks Designer, with experience in working within the mechanical design sector. They are looking for a natural problem solver with a technical background, with strong experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment (other environments and backgrounds considered, providing you have transferable skills).
What you’ll do
As a design technician, you’ll play a pivotal role in the development of our design department and have a positive impact on the manufacture of our high-quality bespoke engineered products.
You’ll use unique and innovative design methods to create the best design solution for manufacture, using your existing knowledge and experience to continuously look for and suggest ways to improve.
- Using Solidworks to create concept models, virtual prototypes, working models for manufacture and finally to produce technical detailed drawings.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure deadlines are met and designs are produced efficiently
- Liaise with the production and installation teams to ensure technical queries are resolved and designs are completed to specification as per design intent
- Produce detailed requisition lists for procurement
- Minimum of 5 years SolidWorks experience
- Excellent knowledge of joinery manufacturing and installation processes and techniques
- Familiarity with the design approval process and the issue of production drawings to ensure the best manufacturing and installation processes are used
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong team-player with a drive to succeed
- Flexible working attitude
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- High standard of accuracy and quality
- Knowledge of Laser Cutting CNC processes.
- Knowledge of sheet metal CNC Bending processes.
- Knowledge of metal fabrication processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing engineering.
For more information on this position, please contact Stephen Prior on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07775 842536